Friday, March 14, 2014

Knots

Some time ago I happened upon instructions for a Mathematically Correct Breakfast which involves slicing a bagel in such a way that it forms two linked rings. I practiced the technique, and have since amused myself by showing off whenever given the opportunity.

Fast forward to last Monday when I had my first class in 3D printing with Mathematica and Makerbot Replicator 2. The teacher is George Hart. George Hart is the man who wrote the instructions for the Mathematically Correct Breakfast.

Next stop, this morning, as I followed an acquaintance's Twitter link to a video called Anti-Pi Rant. The video was created by mathemusician, Vi Hart. But wait. Can it be? Vi Hart is George Hart's daughter?

I need to take a break to eat a hexaflexa-burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment